Chemistry Matters is a team of experts who provide solid scientific data and consulting for complex litigious chemistry issues. From sample collection to data analysis, the Chemistry Matters team ensures that the entire process is performed correctly. With data and findings that hold up to legal scrutiny, Chemistry Matters helps litigators confidently build their case.
As part of the expert witness testimony and support services, Chemistry Matters assists attorneys and clients by:
- Determining & implementing appropriate data quality objectives
- Developing defensible legal sampling plans
- Handling sample collection & documentation to meet legal standards
- Training government and other investigative agencies on proper legal sampling procedures
- Conducting statistical analysis (univariate and multivariate analysis) and data interpretation
- Providing data visualization to effectively communicate results
- Explaining & communicating complex results in understandable language for judiciary proceedings or public forums
Chemistry Matters specializes in:
- Collection, analysis, and characterization of gases, liquids, and crude oil (Geoforensics)
- Determining sources of contaminants (Environmental forensics)
- Identifying ignitable liquid residues (Arson Investigations)
- Assessing exposure to contaminants (Biomonitoring)
The Chemistry Matters team provides expert services in a number of chemicals and contaminants related to these services including petroleum hydrocarbons, PAHs, Dioxins, Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and others.
Contact us to discuss how Chemistry Matters can help with your litigation support needs.
Projects & Case History
His expertise is unique; leading edge, and, most importantly, current, with the issues of the day.
– Don Wood Director of Strategic Business Development Ridgeline Canada Inc.
He is extremely knowledgeable about quality control and has developed quality systems to protect his client’s liability. Court has extensive experience as an expert witness so knows what it takes to do the job correctly.
- Deib Birkholz GM NA Centre of Excellence at ALS Environmental
Court is a very detail-oriented scientist with extreme expertise in the evaluation of analytical data. His personality and ability to explain difficult analytical concepts make him an excellent resource and a solid testifying expert.
– Paul Nony Senior Toxicologist/Major Projects Team CTEH
Dr. Sandau’s guidance was particularly helpful on a high profile multi-media (water, sediment, and tissue) PAH problem. His data analysis and data presentation brought clarity and simplified a complex problem.